This blog is for residents of Fairfield and surrounding developments serviced by the Cypress Post office. This is a grass-roots complaint page and not associated with or employed by the US Government or US Post Office.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

And the problems just continue.

I'm far beyond the end of my patience.  I've given up and finally bought a PO box.  This worked for a few years, but then I recently needed to renew.  I went in and renewed with cash.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Well of course, the clerk pocketed the money and didn't renew the PO box.  My box got closed and all locks and keys got changed.

So now I'm back to using my unreliable street address.  Well, time came to renew my checks, and of course... the 77433 USPS station didn't deliver the package.  I don't know if the checks got returned or simply got stolen by the sorter for whatever purpose they may propose.

So, I've decided to bring in Congressman McCaul.  He has much more important things to do than to catch a postal thief in Cypress, but I'm simply at the end of my rope.

1 comment:

  1. Called USPS consumer escalation. (800-275-8777)

    Filed an escalation case... we will see what comes from it.

    ReplyDelete